Monday, September 11, 2017

Needing work gloves

"Can you bring a pair of work gloves up and help me?" I called to ask Mom yesterday.

To her credit, all Mom said was, "Mercy," and she came right up.

Then, of course, I had to explain what on earth I was doing in the pricker bush at the end of the yard.

Fame ignores the nice balls I buy, and favors a ratty tennis ball my nephew found and brought home for the house dog.

Unfortunately, this ball is too mushy for the Canine Cannon, so I was using the Chuckit to toss it. It seemed to go too far -- Fame was all "I can't find it; woe is me -- so I was hunting for it and kind of got caught up in the pricker bush.

Mom freed me and pulled out all the pricker splinters we could see. One finger still hurts, so I am not sure if we got them all.

And the ball? I don't know if Fame was just messing with me: She grabbed it once she saw Mom.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Fame was just messing w you. xx J


Blog Archive