Wednesday, September 20, 2017

This is a job for ...

I am off this week so went for a long walk. It was surprisingly warm in the sun, and the bike trail is all sun, so I was turning on various streets to find the shade. For Fame. I like the sun.

I even used the sidewalks, which was dumb. At one point, I had to edge around a tree that stuck out in the sidewalk. I made it OK, but noticed this truck had stopped and was watching me. I don't know if he was worried I might fall or he might hit me if I fell. Either way, sidewalks stink.

We made it to a local park, but there was a mom pulling a kid in a wagon, and we wouldn't both fit on my city's sidewalks, which, even when they don't have trees or utility poles blocking them, are narrow.

To give her room, I went onto a dirt path and it worked OK until it didn't and I got stuck.

I called Mom and asked her to call the fire department to help me out. She did.

Mom had earlier today texted me and my siblings to say a little procedure she had went fine, so I just told my siblings that I was waiting for the fire department. My little sister says, I'll come.

Next thing I know, Mom is calling saying she is at the park trying to find me. Then my sister came and freed me. Then three firefighters came.

I think the big takeaway, other than that I have an awesome family and I need to make a donation to the fire department, was Fame. She was fine, just lying down until she saw a passerby who she must have thought could help me. Then she started barking loudly and continuously, likely scaring any help off. I think she speaks when she thinks i am in trouble.

No comments:


Blog Archive