Saturday, October 7, 2017

But then

The day started off well enough. I worked with my in-home PT and felt good. But then ...


  • I went for a walk on the bike trail. I think I was too alone with my thoughts because I started to feel rotten.
  • I came home and had lunch, and my legs started to jump. It is a challenge to keep one's for on the footplate when one's legs are jumping. I decided to do some standing exercises at the pole by my bed to settle my legs, so I asked Mom to stay up at the house for a bit. Good thing. I undid my seatbelt and started to stand, only to have a leg jump, and send me falling over at the waist. I didn't fall, and Mom helped me back into my chair. I did a few stands, then my left leg went off again -- this time while I was standing. Mom and my arms got me to my bed, but my legs were still restless.
  • After dinner, I went for a walk. It was a beautiful night, so I got on a sidewalk to go farther. I went up a curb cut, turned my chair down so I could safely maneuver on the sidewalk, turned to go on the sidewalk and immediately ran into a storm drain section of sidewalk that was significantly higher than the other sidewalk sections. I turned around but got stuck. I managed to free myself but then had to hunt up my joystick knob, which had fallen off. I finally recovered and started home, but Fame had to poop. I got stuck again -- this time trying to pick it up but again got free. 

Never trust good mornings apparently.

No comments:


Blog Archive