Tuesday, November 14, 2017

The non-dumbass way to take off a sweatshirt

"I can't believe you told me," my sister crowed. I'm kind of regretting it.

Last night, I asked for help taking off my sweatshirt. I don't know why you try to take it off in that "dumbass way," she said. I pull it over my head, and this time, got stuck.

She suggested I take my arms out first, and she encouraged me to ask my super-awesome physical therapist, who I was seeing today, how to take off a sweatshirt. "Suggested" and "encouraged" are not exactly words one should use to refer to what my sister does. Maybe if there are curse words around them.

My PT sympathized with my plight of having my sister be right (for the record, she often is and she does have to deal with me), but my PT agreed that arms first is the way to go. Her explanation: One's arms move in a lot more directions than one's head.

My PT did say one thing that made me feel better: Older sisters are always right. Take that, little sister.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Older Schmolder! I was right!!

xxoo

me

Anonymous said...

Well just bec EJ is younger doesn’t mean that your therapist was wrong.
Signed,
older and righter (JTG)

Anonymous said...

How about all sisters are right, even sisters-in-law. Or maybe it is women :-) By the way, I NEVER do headfirst. My attendants know to do one arm before head. I can't remember, but I probably learned it from my female PT or OT over 34 years ago.
sdt


Blog Archive