Saturday, December 2, 2017

Good or bad

My sister and her daughter were discussing the nature of mankind: good or evil. My sister said most people are good. My niece said, well we studied Calvin in history class and he said people are evil. (Two things: I love that my niece brings up history class, and  I am not sure it was Calvin.) Here are my two cents:

Again, I was on the bike trail. Fame pooped. I lined myself up to pick it up, bent over, couldn't reach, reset my chair, tried again, couldn't really reach and was bent over for nearly a minute. Someone stopped then and helped me. More people passed right by.

It was pretty apparent, I believe, that I was struggling.  But most people decided not to offer help.

Mom said to focus on the guy who did stop, but that means ignoring that most people don't care.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all she said it was Hobbs. Second of all, someone stopped. Someone helped. Goodness in the flesh.

Anonymous said...

Calvin and Hobbes how funny, they are a little boy and a stuffed tiger. I'm not sure what their thoughts are on this subject. I think they would side with the good people.

Matt said...

I don't know that it was Hobbes


Blog Archive