Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Tis the season

We put up my Christmas tree over the weekend.

Well, Mom put it up and decorated it. I unwrapped the ornaments.

It always makes me sad, in both a good and not so good way.

Ornaments, like the red disco ball and the flat angels, remind me of both sets of grandparents, reminding me I sure miss them. I have an ornament of a yellow dog for Claren, and I miss her, especially her lightning-fast hurrying tendency (really missed on  cold nights like this).

But, there's the less good.

I see a fish and am reminded how much I loved tropical fish -- everything about them. Watching them, feeding them, cleaning their tanks. But I had to give it up. I can't care for myself these days, let alone fish. Same with the parrot ornaments. The worst are probably the horse ones.

None of this is surprising, which also makes me feel kind of sad.

No comments:


Blog Archive