Sunday, December 3, 2017

Working with my family

On Thursday, exterminators visited our office. I was home teleworking, but when my friend mentioned it to me, I worried Fame's bed might get bug spray on it.

My friend had told me at lunch, and on the way back to the office, we ran into our program's safety coordinator. He wasn't sure, so I planned to check with the building manager. My friend, though, offered to carry the bed out to the car, so I was set.

I swung by her desk to thank her, and it turned out I didn't need to call the building manager. She had already called him and learned that the exterminators would just be putting out traps.

When she heard this story, Mom laughed and said it was "like working wit you family" because everyone is looking out for you.

This seems to happen wherever I work. On 9/11, someone carried me down the steps from the 22nd floor of my last job. My boss always got Claren water.

Mom was also talking about the person who sewed me a new wheelchair pouch with some awesome material she picked up

This friend also gets some of the family dynamics.

On Friday, we were chatting and I forget why but I said to her, my sister told me about a kid at her school who has Christmas lights on his wheelchair. (She also apparently told him that he drives as bad as her brother.)

My friend responded to the light comment by saying, we could  do that to yours right now (I work next to a Target). I replied, but my sister would make fun of me. To which she said, Matt, your sister will make fun of you anyway.

Today is that sister's birthday, so before she yells at me for allegedly being mean to her in my blog again, allow me to say that she puts up with an awful lot -- middle-of-the-night calls for help, falls, my unique way of thinking (she might say stupid) -- and I am very lucky to have her. I might even admit to loving her. But I will NEVER give her a guest post to try to rebut my claims!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

xxxooo awesome post
sdt


Blog Archive