Saturday, February 24, 2018

Ruining my mood

When I left work Wednesday, I held a bunch of papers on my lap, Fame carried my lunchbox, and a bag full of my empties (Gatorade bottles from several lunches) was precariously hung on my chair.

The empties would stay in unless I hit something.

Unfortunately, I hit the side of the elevator doors on the way out, spilling two bottles. This caused Fame to drop the lunchbox.

Fortunately, a co-worker riding the elevator got off the car when she saw my spillage and collected the bottles and handed Fame the lunchbox.

Thanks, I said, really thinking, wow, that was really nice for someone I don't know.

It soon became clear how nice.

Wednesday was crazy windy, and when I turned to where Dad was waiting for me, my bag of empties blew open. One bottle fell near me; one blew into the grass, unreachable for me or Fame.

Three people passed without helping. One guy was right behind us and couldn't have failed to see the spillage. It put me in such a rotten mood.

Finally, Dad came up from the van and got everything. I was left longing for my nice co-worker.

No comments:


Blog Archive