Sunday, April 8, 2018

I'm not fat, or even big-boned

One of the best things about the hospital, other than not dying, was that the bed doubled as a scale and it confirmed my weight.

For the past 15 years or so, I have said I weighed 135 pounds. This was based on guesswork, sitting on a bathroom scale ad trying to stand on a scale with minimal aid until it gave a reading.

At the hospital, the first nurse asked my weight. I told him 135 and he said, pretty good, 137.

At my doctor's appointment last week, the nurse asked my sister and Mom what I weighted. This is a little less annoying when you realize we had already told her I hear poorly. A little annoying still.

I answered and said 135. According to NIH, I have about 25 pounds before I am considered overweight.

The nurse said to mom and my sister something like, are you sure; I thought was more.

???

No comments:


Blog Archive