Saturday, June 16, 2018

'Technically,' I'll live

I went for my first follow-up to my heart thingy Friday. It went well.

Because the operation involves making scar tissue in my heart to block the misfiring parts and the doc, or his assistant actually, said it takes three or four months for the scar tissue to fully form, we w won't know until then if it worked.

But I haven't had any problems, so  they term the operation "technically" successful, and the MD (not doctor but "Medical dude) made air quotes around technically.

He did say the first month is the riskiest (not in terms of dying but of the operation failing), so because  I made it through that, I should be good.

And he eliminated one medicine -- the blood thinner -- and said I can stop the evil heart medicine in a month. So YAY

No comments:


Blog Archive