Saturday, December 8, 2018

What to do

Mom and I have been talking about starting to use condom catheters.

On the off-chance, the name is not self-explanatory, let me explain. It works like any condom except it is connected to a bag that collects urine. Also,  unlike a normal condom, the inside is quite sticky.

I tried one years ago and it leaked, so I was not impressed. But Mom has been doing research and thinks it would work.

We even considered who we would hire to perform the shaving -- to allow the condom to stick.

I was warming up to the idea -- and the freedom it would provide -- until it occurred to me that I'd have to abandon getting up and getting dressed myself.

If I did away with saving for retirement, I might be able to afford hiring someone to come in every morning. But I am sure that would be a mistake, the saving part, unless I am certain I'd kick it while I am working.

I am also not sure I am ready to take that step. I don't think I am clinging to shreds of independence. And it  definitely isn't modesty.

I think this is a job for my Head-shrinker.  Not the condom-attaching, the figuring out why it makes me sad.

No comments:


Blog Archive