Monday, October 22, 2007

Commute with romance

I went to bed early last night, even though I wasn't tired, I just felt rotten emotionally and the least oppressive thing to do seemed like going to bed.

It turned out to be a good thing.

I got on the ride to work this morning. I frankly don't know how to describe my ride. The first part was fine. We picked up this regular rider -- I'll call him dude passenger or DP. Then we picked up gal passenger, or GP, and pretty much all hell broke lose.

If you listened real close, I bet you could have heard the smooth mellow jazz as a simple commute turned into the love connection.

GP was saying she could not find the right man. The driver decided to play Chuck Wooolery and asked her just what she was looking for. GP said it didn't matter if they are in a wheelchair or not, then she asked me how old I was. And then with the driver and DP whooping it up, it ended with me blushing like crazy.

Then DP asked if I'd be single my whole life. The driver answered: No, he'll find a wife.

And this really does not do justice to the ride.

Then a co-worker called in sick, and another co-worker and I each did the same work not knowing the other was doing it. I just wanted to cry.

But I IM'd a friend who made me feel better by listening and being funny and mean to me. So I survived another day. Huzzah!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, now I feel really bad about asking Mom to come up here. Of course, that may not have changed your day, but still, any excuse to feel guilty. I think Bean tried to pull one over on mom and said he'd be doing his homework in his study hall, something he tries periodically but I discourage. She caught on though and his work is allegedly done. You are in his French family tree, (not everyone made it, that woul d be way too much writing in french or english) Your dislikes are peas and snow. Perhaps this is somthing you would want to share with Chuck Woolery.
love
mtc

Anonymous said...

dear god in heaven matt -- what is up with the paratransit bus?
xxoo
JTG

Matt said...

Yes, my turn-ons are sun and a nice smile, and I melt when someone is honest and kind.

Don't feel guilty; the ride would have been screwed if mom were here, and as I said I felt bad before she left. I think it is Sunday dinner that does it. ?

And remind your boy that his grandmother saw six kids through school, including Emily.

Finally, that ride was better than today's when I did not get farther than five minutes from my house until 8:20 because of loser scheduling and some loser pickups.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I was a good kid. I would even go so far as to say I was normal! And wait a minute, I made Sunday's dinner. Are you just mad b/c you didn't get a spider goblet and a pumpkin cookie?
xo
ejd


Blog Archive