Friday, August 22, 2008

What does Mom know?

Last night as I was going to bed, Mom brought up this cheery thought: Have you given any thought to making a will? (She really did.) She suggested that it would be a good idea to prevent issues with the house my sister's family and I are building.

I guess she has a point, but we're not there yet. Not that it is my fault.

We had our second meeting with the architect, and let me just say: I am in the tank for him. The house he proposed was like a cross and my room were in one the arms. I told him he could start tomorrow. My sister and brother-in-law had some changes in mind, though, so we aren't starting tomorrow. Jerks! (Just kidding.)

I always thought the big issue for my will would be who gets my comic books. I mean the Mego action figures could cause a minor ruckus, but just a minor one. I was content to let these issues sit unsettled because I just didn't know. But now I will have to lay everything out. And I'll have to name heirs and beneficiaries, even though I don't feel 37, let alone near death.

I will have to apologize to my brother for removing him as my 401(k) beneficiary. We were each other's beneficiaries, but then he went and got married. Who knows if I am still his beneficiary?

Who gets my bitterness?

No comments:


Blog Archive