Sunday, November 8, 2009

Swimming and walking fool

Oh my gosh, walking is hard! How do you people do it?

As I was taking a break from six or eight laps of swimming, my teacher said: How about walking? Actually, it wasn't really a question. I was eager to do it anyway.

With one volunteer under my arm on my left and the other on my right, i walked the 25 yards of the pool. It was really more like marching because then I can see and feel my feet. It was cool.

It was also exhausting. I think I was really grimacing because my teacher, who was watching, asked: Does it hurt? No, I told her, just tough.

Extra tough because I started with about six laps without the flotation belt and with minimal head-holding by volunteers. We wanted to try the hard stuff before I got tired. It worked.

I did some good almost-swimming, although whenever I feel water coming up to my eyes or over my face, I take a deep breath. Of course, it doesn't matter because the volunteer is right there to keep me from going under, but it seems like a dangerous habit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are the baddest man in the whole damn town. Leroy Brown ain't got nothing on you!

xo
ejd

Matt said...

Badder than ole King Cole for sure


Blog Archive