Friday, March 5, 2010

Sometimes I run over my own feet

Mom and I took Claren the wonder dog for a quick walk tonight, and when we were on Lincoln Avenue, a car came up behind us. I headed to the side of the road, but accidentally clipped Mom's foot on the way over. She was fine, but I do know how she feels.

A few weeks ago, I decided to do my exercises while headed to my desk at work. This worked fine until my left foot fell off my foot plate and I ran it over.

Today, I was playing with Claren outside and she jumped on my lap. Somehow my foot got trapped between the chair base and the foot plate, perpendicular to the ground.

I tested whether it would be safe if I wheeled in to get help. It wouldn't, I decided. I was bent over trying to wrestle it free when my little sister came up and was like: Don't move, I'll help you, just don't move.

Now her paranoia about me moving was kind of confusing because I was stuck. Of course, it would have been understandable if she knew I was thinking about undoing my seatbelt and flipping myself out of my chair to free my foot.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

see??????? see why I am going to have an ulcer over you? I did lol at your blog post though. Where is by byline credit? The Autobiography of Matt Subtitled: Sometimes I Run Over My Own Feet.

xoxo
me

btw, I told K about the new watch and J was all..."yeah but the superheroes don't move."

Anonymous said...

I have the same problem. Except it is the walls that get me. How come they just jump out?
sdt

Matt said...

I would not have gotten out of my chair. It would not have helped. Walls leap out at me, too.


Blog Archive