Thursday, February 16, 2012

Toxic Avenger or my sister

One night many years ago, when I was still in school, I was at home for a big family gathering. I think it was my grandfather's 100th birthday, which would have been 1993, which sounds right.

I was sleeping on the couch in the living room, or I was supposed to be.

In reality, my allergies were killing me. I could not lie down because I was so stopped up.

Fortunately, the USA Network had a Toxic Avenger marathon and I watched 1, 2 and 3 before finally dozing off about 6:30.

I  was not interested in reliving that experience -- well, except for the Toxie marathon -- so the other night when my nose would not let my lie down, I called my little sister and asked her for some decongestant.

She only had Nyquill, which we both decided would be a bad idea. I might wake up three days later if then.

I called Mom, who had some, and my sister went and got it and brought it back to me.

I took it and played Uno on my iPhone until I fell asleep.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you can play uno on your iphone? coolio.
xo
mtc

Matt said...

Somebody asked me to download it and i can't tell him no


Blog Archive