Sunday, September 16, 2012

Seatbelt on order

I told my sister tonight that I ordered a seatbelt and talked with Dad about how we can attach it so it holds the top of me in place.

I thought she'd be happy -- she's a big fan of a shoulder restraint.

Instead, she was all, What do you mean ordered? From where?

I said Amazon, and she replied, That's what worries me.

And then when she found out that the seatbelt has the emblem of a certain Caped Crusader, she yelled: Matthew, you're 42.

Leaving aside the fact that I am just 41, I'm still confused.

I am acquiescing to a restraint I have resisted for years. I see no way to make a seatbelt across my chest unnoticeable or not obvious. Why not have some fun with it?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

In my defense I was giving you a hard time about the bAtman stuff...what I meant when I said I was worried was that when I went to amazon and found said seatbelt it was listed as apparel. Just want you to be safe.

Matt said...

It is apparel, but it is only temporary -- I should have the new chair with a boring and more secure belt in mid-October. And Batman would never hurt me.

Anonymous said...

I love the exciting superhero version! Go for it.
sdt

Kayt said...

I noticed this new addition the other day in one of our meetings! I think it's AWESOME. :) Have a good weekend!

Matt said...

WHOO!


Blog Archive