Thursday, September 20, 2012

The floor isn't so bad

I fell this morning, but that's not what worries me.

It was an easy fall. My feet just slid out from under me when I was transferring to the shower chair. I was holding on securely so I just sort of floated down to the floor.

I made a few half-hearted attempts to stand, but my feet kept slipping.  And honestly, I didn't really care that I was on the floor. Maybe I was still half-asleep, but I just had no desire to recover.

I called my sister. She didn't answer -- she was in the shower. I figured my brother-in-law was downstairs, but could not work up the effort to call him. I tried again to stand and grabbed my slipper, planning to put it on. That didn't pan out.

Finally, I called Claren over and was getting ready to have her bark when my sister appeared. She saw I called and was checking on me. She got my brother-in-law and he helped me up.

Otherwise I might still be on the floor, and I might not care.

No comments:


Blog Archive