Monday, November 12, 2012

Mike Brady is flier than I

I have never given Mike Brady enough credit for the dramatic jail break in Season 3's three-part Grand Canyon adventure.

Shockingly, I could not find a video of the scene, when the family -- jailed by a loony prospector -- string together shoelaces and belts, giving Mike something to throw to snag the jail key.

It is not that easy, at least it wasn't for me.

And I didn't have the pressure of being in jail and having my wife, family and housekeeper watching.

Mike Brady is fly.

I only had Claren watching, and she was probably asleep.

Everyone else was, hence my problem.

I was in my wheelchair so I could go watch The Walking Dead on the big screen, and because I was off today, I watched The Mentalist once I returned to my room. I stayed in my chair, but the light over the chaise was on and I could not reach the switch.

I did my best Mike Brady using a tape measure, and eventually I snagged it.

It was too hard, though, so tonight I took my grabber back from Mom and Dad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thankful to the inventor of the grabber, and to the company that mass produced these. They only cost $10.00 at Walgreens, buy a few more.
A cane is useful in situations like this.
I amused the gas station attendant at Wawa's by using my cane to select the cheap grade. I didn't realize I had an audience until I went inside to buy my coffee milkshake, and the cashier asked if my cane had worked. I think I made his day.
RMS


Blog Archive