Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Doomsday Peepers

A friend persuaded me to watch Doomsday Preppers. I didn't tell her I always thought it was called Doomsday Peepers, about people who just "peep" at doomsday. Or maybe it is about folks who design dioramas depicting  doomsday using Peeps.

Anyway, as I was watching these odd-balls who think Russia is going to nuke us, I started realizing how utterly useless I'd be in a doomsday. There is a guy in a chair in World War Z, zombie doomsday, but he was able to wield a weapon. He wasn't someone who starts coughing at dinner and his niece and nephew decide he needs the safety belt across his chest.

And what shelter is accessible?

I think the best thing I can do is not prep, throw myself to the zombies. Who wants to live post-apocalypse anyhow? Once you peep it, you won't want to live there either.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate that you are the one who is teaching them...but I thank God that they are learning from the get go about acceptance, empathy, kindness, diversity, and what family does. And in case you forgot...family reminds us all to buckle our chest belts when we need to. xxoo a million.

Matt said...

SO you owe me? Is that what you're saying.


Blog Archive