Sunday, April 28, 2013

New rule

Everyone knows that breaking a mirror means seven years of bad luck, but I have it on good authority that it is good luck to break a two-sided mirror by pulling a super pole into it.

As proof, I point to the fact that I am writing this and not dead or in the hospital.

As I was getting ready to shower last night, I tried to adjust the bar on my super pole. Instead I pulled it over. Really.

I have been wondering what the lifespan of super poles is. Apparently, about five years or so.

Shattered mirror flew everywhere. Something, maybe the pole (I can't quite remember), rested on my hand and pushed the joystick so I headed into my toilet. I was worried I was going to knock the toilet off its foundations, but I managed to stop in time.

I was totally fine. I was still buckled into my chair and the pole missed my head. But the noise.

It may have shaved a few years off my sister's life. She was in my room at the time, and rushed into the bathroom, grabbed me and kept asking if I was OK. My brother-in-law appeared quickly, too.

I have a new pole on order, and the only problem now is I can't see how beautiful I am.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG. So happy you are ok. Next time I see you, remind me to tell you about my chair spinning out of control at Pines of Florence as glass broke and I almost took out the piano player.
SDT

Anonymous said...

It is good of you to give your housemates a little cardio workout once in a while!
xo
metc

Matt said...

I didn't break the pole. It just broke. Really.

And I am thoughtful.


Blog Archive