Saturday, July 13, 2013

I want to be this kind of disabled

I know that you really should not compare yourself to others with disabled parking passes, but it is hard when you have just spent 20 minutes looking for a parking spot as my brother-in-law and I did this afternoon when we went to the movies. (We saw Pacific Rim -- monsters and robots throwing down, so who needs a story? AMC Theaters closed caption device is less cool than the Regal glasses. At AMC, it is a little thing that sits in the drink holder on the arm rest or you hold it if you are in a wheelchair.)

Anyhoo, we left and as I was wheeling up the ramp into the van, an Audi sedan with a parking pass pulled in next to me. Out popped the driver, a twenty-something with no apparent disability. She walked to the trunk, lifted out a stroller, opened it up, walked to the back seat, lifted a baby out of a car seat and put it in the stroller, and pushed the stroller toward the store. And in case you are wondering, there was no one else in the car.

No comments:


Blog Archive