Thursday, August 8, 2013

Always look on the dark side of life

Good things are happening, and all I can think of is how bad they are.

My brother and sister-in-law worked all weekend on fixing up Gram's yard. It was so overgrown it looked sad. Now, it looks great. Good, right? I focused on how much I wish I could have done that yardwork.


My brother and sister-in-law also built my new bookcase. My sister then put the shelves in and Mom put up all my books. Again, it looks great, and all my books are out of storage. Good, right? I focused on how many books I had to give away to fit on my shelves. That and that I lost Assassination Vacation.

My sister and her family came home. i had missed them so. good, right? I focused on how sad it is Claren wants nothing to do with their great puppy.

I could go on. But what the hell is wrong with me?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Many times when you are in a bad place it helps to focus doing something to treat yourself. I'm sure you have a long list. Don't focus on what you can't do. It won't get you anywhere but down.
sdt

Anonymous said...

Human nature. Which is more likely to find us thinking negatively. And the damn moon is full.....phooey.

Matt said...

Phooey indeed


Blog Archive