Monday, January 6, 2014

I failed the test

An EMG is the worst test I have ever had.

I say this even though a few hours ago I passed out while a nurse tried to perform a urodynamics test.

This is the second time in blogging history that I have failed a urodynamics test because I fainted. In my defense, the test is of your bladder, and it involves a catheter.

Today's involved three actually. One goes up your rear -- survived that. One drains your bladder totally,  and the third fills your bladder. It wasn't painful or anything, but I can't get past catheter No. 2.

I was listening to the last little bit of urine drip out of my bladder, and I just started feeling all flush. I had warned the nurse ahead of time about fainting, and told her right when I got flush. She hooked me up to a blood pressure machine and kept me talking, so actually I didn't faint.

She asked me at one point if I was all right, and when I said, "no," she went into the hall and returned with a cadre of folks, including two doctors.

They removed the catheter and decided what the urologist four years ago did: that the test would be good to have but wasn't worth killing me.

No comments:


Blog Archive