Saturday, March 15, 2014

Technicalities

Technically, I suppose, the Streak is over.

Actually, I guess, technically it is intact, bit the spirit of the Streak is broken.

I am referring to my streak of not calling my sister and getting her out of bed. Here are the particulars; you decide:

I woke up at 6:20 one morning this week and while I was getting up, I dropped my phone. I then lot my balance and fell back on my bed. I was perpendicular to the bed. My butt and legs were of the edge, so I couldn't push myself up.

I lay there for a bit, thinking someone will be up soon as they usually are. But no one came. Finally, I had Claren speak, which she is eager to do when it is breakfast time. My sister then came down and helped me.

You see the technicalities: Claren called for help, not me, and someone is always up then.

I have good reasons for not writing more this week. I was helping a niece three days (what should I charge her for the three naps she cost me?) and one night the power went out.

Fun power-outage fact: It happened at 9:30, I went to bed, listen to music till 9:50, fell asleep, woke up at 2:30 and the lights in my room were on, so I thought the power just came back because no way I'd sleep through so much light coming on. Well, apparently I did. The lights came back at 10:30.

No comments:


Blog Archive