Tuesday, February 3, 2015

My colorful brother-in-law

My brother-in-law has always been a huge help to me. My nights often end with him coming in and saying, "Time for a goodnight hug!" He then picks me up out of my recliner and puts me in my wheelchair.

But lately, he has begun helping me with more delicate situations. Delicate just means "when I need to change clothes."

I don't know whether my sister told him to. But I suspect it is more on my end. I got over being "too cool" to ask him for help. Less too cool and more too lazy to spend half an hour trying to pull up my pants.

I trace the change back to a new pair of sweat pants I got. Holy cow, they are warm and comfy. I really hope dead men wear sweats.

Anyway, they have a button at the top of the fly on the waist. It is tough to do for me. Once, I asked my sister to button me up, and I said, I didn't want to ask M. She said he would have done it, and I guess I decided to take advantage.

His assistance certainly adds ... shall we say, color, to my clothing changes.

No one else does sound effects when pulling off my pants or pretends to be grossed out.

He's awesome! (And lest my sister get jealous: Yes, she still does the lion's share of Matty care that Mom doesn't do. And yes, she is super-awesome.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like the idea of sound effects!
metc

Matt said...

me too although I don't think Mom should try


Blog Archive