Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Kissing alarm clock

I woke up this morning to someone leaping on my bed and smothering me in kisses. Sadly, it wasn't Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Why, I wondered, was Kenny up before my alarm? Then I heard my niece talking to someone. Why is everyone up, I wondered.

Then I looked at my clock. 6:53 am, 43 minutes after my alarm.

Oh, crap!

Actually, I was only about 10 minutes late to work, but the whole day I felt off.

"I made a friend fill up my water bottle" off.

At USA TODAY, I was near the water and right in a main thoroughfare, so I could snag people walking by for water.

Today I went to someone's office, and asked her to get me water.

She did, even though she was busy.

Man, I am lazy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Right, lazy. That's the first adjective I think of when I hear your name!
xxoo
metc


Blog Archive