Apologies. I started writing last night but had to stop and go to bed unexpectedly.
Wheelchair is back! Repairman who looked and sounded like my N.Y. in-law's dad fixed it this afternoon. it needed a new controller.
Before my chair died Tuesday, we ranked the three dogs we thought would be a good match. Then the trainers got together, decided who they thought would work best for the whole class. Then they lookout our list, I think, to see what is in our minds.
The trainers' choices are called pre-matches. As long as things go as expected, we will go home with these dogs.
Twelve years ago, Claren was my top choice because she was a good size and because I suspected she was the one because they kept matching us up to work on commands.
This time, with 20 dogs or so, we didn't work with dogs more than once.
That's not true; I worked with my #2 twice. He was good, but #1 seemed better.
On Wednesday, we learned who are pre-matches are. I got my #1 again!
But the loaner wheelchair caused problems. I was going slow because it was so wide, and the trainer correctly said, I know you are worried about the chair, but the dog is walking on eggshells because of your mental state. Try and smile.
I did and today was better.
Although I did hear a dog whining late last night and I imagined it was mine saying, Oh crap! I got the dud.
For some reason I have yet to sleep through the night, and no naps. How I am cognizant I don't know.
- My Girl Friday
- Professor X never had a week like this
- Matt and Mom go to the dogs -- Part X
- Fame costs
- Matt and Mom go to the dogs -- Part IX
- Matt and Mom go to the dogs -- Part VIII
- Matt and Mom go to the dogs -- Part VII
- Matt and Mom go to the dogs -- Part VI
- Matt and Mom go to the dogs -- Part V
- Matt and Mom go to the dogs -- Parts III and IV
- Matt and Mom go to the dogs -- Part II
- Matt and Mom go to the dogs -- Part I
- ▼ February (12)
- ► 2015 (128)
- ► 2014 (130)
- ► 2013 (128)
- ► 2012 (172)
- ► 2011 (159)
- ► 2010 (179)
- ► 2009 (168)
- ► 2008 (201)