Friday, June 3, 2016

Matty before Jenna

I have been seeing ads for the movie You Before Me, and while normally I'd have little interest in whether such a schmaltzy firm does well, I really hope this one is bigger than Titanic. And n to because Jenna Coleman is in it. All right, not just because Jenna Coleman, who I am meeting Sunday, is in it.

It is about an attractive young lady who is hired to be caretaker to a modestly older guy in a chair. They seem to fall in love and  everything turns out hunky-dory.  A wheelchair doesn't mean an end to life and things are cool.

I thought.


SPOILER

Turns out the guy jets off to kill himself at the end. Because that is what being in a chair means to the world. I am not amused.

My hope was it would be a hit and inspire lots of attractive young ladies to seek me out.

But now, I hope it fails. Sorry, Jenna.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yours is not the first such comment I have read. I am with you. This is stupid and bad.
xxoo
metc

Anonymous said...

Ugh. People kept recommending the book to me and it sounded awful even before I knew about the suicide. Stupid stupid stupid.
JTG

Matt Trott said...

And just to be clear, jenna isn't the young lady. If she was, no way he'd kill himself

Blog Archive