Friday, July 15, 2016

I am a jerk

When Cal Ripken was nearing Lou Gehrig’s record for consecutive gamey e was hurting the Orioles by playing every day.

My Streak critics aren't saying I am hurting the team (the family) but I can relate to the jerk comment.

At first, I thought it was just a “Haterz gonna hate” thing. It was my sister after all; she is always harassing on me. (But she is still the best little sister ever.)

Her main criticism is that if I can manage not to fall when they are away, there is no excuse to fall when they are home. She says that when she and my brother-in-law are home, I just let myself fall because I know they are there.

It’s not that simple, of course. I probably do take more risks knowing they are around, but they are calculated risks. The calculations just don't work out sometimes.

Anyway, my physical therapist asked about my falls, and I was bragging about the Streak. She was like, be extra careful all the time, you jerk.

OK, she didn't call me a jerk — she’s too nice.

I guess I need to apologize to my sister. Cal wasn't a jerk, though.

No comments:


Blog Archive