Sunday, November 19, 2017

Bad to worse

Saturday was bad.

I went for a walk on the bike trail. It was kind of cold, so I wore my glove (I only wear one glove, like Michael Jackson, pre-weirdo days).

But the glove extends my finger, so it fiddles unintentionally with the speed knob on my chair. This means that I'll be driving along and all of a sudden be at a speed higher than I can  control. This is how I ended up in a ditch, mostly off the trail.

I couldn't get back on the trail. I needed a push. Five bikers passed me by, two moved to the far side of the trail, making clear they saw me, and just kept going.

Finally, I asked a walker for help and he pushed me free.

Then, at a bike trail crosswalk, I was in the middle of the street when a driver decided to ignore his yield sign and  speed through the crosswalk before I got to him.

These events were just the beginning.

No one was here at night but me. That should have been fine, but I slipped getting off the toilet. I tried numerous times to get up, but my feet kept sliding and my legs were on opposite sides of the super pole, so slipping back down was not comfy.

Finally, I decided to slide out into my room and watch TV on the floor till someone came home. I got out into my room but couldn't sit up.

After many tries, I called my sister to see when they'd be home. Not for a while. She started calling neighbors and her friends. I have one friend in the FC, but she is out of town. None of my sister's friends were home either.  She called Mom and Dad who told her they were leaving, which meant once they heard I was on the floor, they were leaving, so I waited for them.

While waiting, I did sit up.

No comments:


Blog Archive