Sunday, February 4, 2018

Bloody bathroom cheers me up

I spent most of Wednesday trying not to cry. I was mostly successful.

It was nothing big, just little reminders of how crappy my body is.

I knocked a hearing aid from behind my ear. I couldn't put it because of my pathetic coordination.

The very fact that I need them at all is another example.

My hearing aid helpers weren't in, so I asked someone else. She didn't understand what I needed because of my sorry voice, which has been mangled by Friedreich's ataxia. I showed her the other side and said, like this. Only confusion. She wound up putting both hearing aids on the front of my ear. I gave up and just took them out.

Then my left leg started jumping. It wasn't even 10 o'clock.

I went to the bathroom. The maintenance were cleaning the stall next to the wheelchair stall. I could see he was mopping under the divider, so the floor would be wet. I didn't want to transfer on a wet floor, but  I have learned not to wait.g

I transferred safely. Then I saw it!

Part of what he was mopping up appeared to be blood. And it wasn't mine!


No comments:


Blog Archive