Saturday, May 25, 2024

Too much

 Friedreich's ataxia is really awful, but I have never really considered not being able to suck up what FA throws at me. . . Until this week.

The temperature regulation issue continues. I actually emailed my neurologist to confirm that this is an FA problem. He said probably. 

What I have noticed lately is that I will be uncomfortably hot while I am awake, so I will find it better not to cover myself in a sheet even. Then hopefully I fall asleep. I wake up cold. My feet, of course, are cold always.

But back to Wednesday night. As I always do, I stayed awake until I was really tired. But between my being too hot and the sleep mask I was unable to fall asleep. I did eventually, waking up several times, so it was not a particularly restful night.

I wondered  Thursday whether I can continue to survive what is being thrown at me. I remain uncertain what the alternative is.


No comments:


Blog Archive