Saturday, August 31, 2024

No respect

 I have never been a huge Rodney Dangerfield fan, but after 14 years of living with my sister family, I have great appreciation for the ”I get no respect" line.

it's not just my sister and brother-in-law. I don't expect them to show me any respect. If they did, I'd worry I was dying or something.

But my nephew and niece , they're the worst. For the best, I guess. No respect but much love.

For instance, I was talking to my sister recently and my niece was there. At one point, she started to laugh to herself and said something like I have to tell you something really funny. She then waited for us to finish talking and said you (meaning me) are just at the right height and then she pretending to kick me in the neck..

As someone who can't stand, let alone kick, this struck me as a Jean Claude Van Damme move. She kind of bent over anď raised her leg and then bent her knee and. made it straight pushing it her foot into my neck. If it wasn't so mean I would have been impressed. 

My nephew and niece are back in college , so it is quieter and I don't get kicked in the throat. It's a small price to pay for all the love that it.

No comments:


Blog Archive