Monday, April 9, 2007

Accessibility is my 12th man

I remember going to Redskin games with my dad at RFK Stadium. He had season tickets, and when we kids turned 10, we got to choose one game a year to see. I actually started seeing games when I was 9, which drove one of my brothers crazy.

Across the field from my dad's seats was a sign either exhorting us to be or thanking us for being the 12th man. Home field is a bonus for a team because the crowd pumps them up and makes it hard for the visitors to hear. And because there are 11 actual players, the crowd is the 12th man.

Thinking back, the shaking stadium and the deafening yells must have made the Redskins feel like superheroes and the visiting team feel like ants.

It doesn't make me feel invincible, but I totally enjoy my home-field advantage.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

subtle.
JTG


Blog Archive