Thursday, April 19, 2007

Action figures, not dolls

I broke my toilet paper holder today. Again.

I think in the past year I have been without a holder more than with one.

I broke this one in an obvious and boring way. I was trying to pull my pants up, but they were caught between my legs and the bowl. When I tried moving, I lost my balance and at on the toilet paper holder.

Anyone who has ever played with action figures should sort of be able to sympathize with me.

You have a cool Batman action figure and you play with it and play with it, and then its knee joints become loose so Batman either keeps his legs perfectly straight or they are completely bent. But he can't have legs that bend a fraction; it's either all or nothing.

My knees are like that. They have two positions: straight and bent. I can move them between the two positions but not with any semblance of control. Hence the sitting on the toilet paper holder.

But I don't think any Batman or any other action figure ever broke a toilet paper holder.

No comments:


Blog Archive