Tuesday, May 29, 2007

My melancholy brain

As I was leaving work today, I saw this gal who quit like a year and a half ago. We were friends, and I had this urge to run up to her, hug her and tell her how lonely I am feeling these days.

Of course, if I had tried, I would have fallen flat on my face -- I can't run. So I just waited for her to come over and we chatted, although not about how lonely I am.

I sometimes feel that my work friends are just that friends while at work. It doesn't really matter that four years ago I hardly even had any work friends.

It also doesn't matter that I am to blame for this lack of friends: It's not like I have the courage to ask anybody to do anything.

I do, of course, have an excuse or two.

I am in a wheelchair. If I go somewhere with someone, whether to their house or lunch, they will have to do things for me, nothing bad! but like pulling my wheelchair up steps. I guess I am loathe to assume they will not mind doing these things. Don't want to make an "ass" out of "u" and "me," you know.

UPDATE: You know how when he was introducing a guest on the Muppet Show, Kermit the Frog would flail his arms about madly? I wanted to do that today when I saw the coffee maker in the break room. It is new and the nozzle is actually reachable for those of us who don't stand. YYYEEEAAAHHH!!!!!!

No comments:


Blog Archive