Friday, September 14, 2007

I am invincible!

I felt really good 15 minutes ago.

That's because about 25 minutes ago I almost died, and the adrenaline rush that kept me feeling righteous started wearing off 15 minutes ago.

I am not even sure what happened. I was transferring to the manual chair from my recliner when I somehow overbalanced the chair. It tipped over to the right. Because I was facing it, I fell over to the left.

The left side of my recliner is rarely clean. There are books and papers and Claren's toolbox. All on a hardwood floor.

Somehow, though, none of these these cracked my back, broke my skin or otherwise damaged me. In fact the worst pain was when I tried to sit up, lost my balance and caught myself on my elbow.

Now, though, I am out of breath, my elbow hurts, my back and butt are sore. But I did cheat death yet again. In your face, reaper-man!

No comments:


Blog Archive