Sunday, January 13, 2008

Screw the 5 second rule

I had two French bread pizzas for dinner last night, even though one of them fell cheese-side down on the floor. I am sure it was OK; it passed the 5 minute rule.

Yeah, I have my own set of rules. I don't even begin to react until after the 5 second rule expires. Then I need time to curse and whine to God. Then I have to tell Claren to stay away (not that she'd eat it when I am right there sitting on top of it but just to be sure). Then I have to figure out to pick hot food up from the floor from my GD wheelchair. Then I have to pick said hot food up.

Five minutes is hardly enough time.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel any better, I took Joe to Einstein Bros. Bagel and met Mo for coffee one morning. I bought him a huge round m&m cookie to entertain him while we talked. Said cookie was then dropped on the nasty floor under the table, where I couldn't find it right away. What did I do? Blow if off, brush it off and give it back to him. Mother of the year right here.

Matt said...

Nice, I won't feel so bad then.

Anonymous said...

i bet the pizza was extra good with the layer of Claren hair on it! i once saw Mary lick icecream off Meghan's face (Meg was about 10 months old).
xxoo
JTG

Matt said...

I remember that, too, and it was not too hairy because I had just vacuumed up some cheese that fell off the pizza pre-cooking with my new wet-dry dustbuster.

Anonymous said...

OK, in defense of myself, it was ice cream! and she was a BABY! I would not do that now!
mtc

Matt said...

Meg was such a cute baby, too. Now you have a thug hockey goalie who is No. 2 in the Middlesex league.

Anonymous said...

I admired Mary so much that I did it myself to Callie. Jim was so grossed out.
Send me the picture of Meg -- she only sent it to callie and matt and probably em.
Judy

Anonymous said...

there is no actually pic of her just her name in agate sized type. but we are pretty stoked nonetheless.

Matt said...

Yeah, the pic I have is her hockey card from years ago


Blog Archive