Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Happy birthday

Phrase or two redacted at little sister's demand.

I had a good birthday yesterday even if it didn't start with a visit from the Birthday Bird. Apparently, the Birthday Bird was stumped by the irregular store hours of Great Harvest.

It ended with Mom and Dad playing their grandchildren in Wii tennis. We had atari and all sorts of games growing up. I never saw either of my parents play.

I played a bunch of Wii earlier, learning that I am not cut out for boxing.

Before that the wheelchair technician came by to remove these brackets that daily killed my legs.

The first event was the best. It was a visit with the architect designing the new house. He is good

He seemed to go right along with the jokes of my brother-in-law about dumping my suite in the dark corner of the house and other thing. I am not sure if this is good or bad.

He was a little confused by one of the must-haves on my list for all the doors to be curtains. But my brother-in-law again came to my rescue: You remember the Brady Bunch episode when Greg had his own room with the beads? He really likes that.

Instead of a cool man-cave, I am probably going to get a disco.

The scary thing? I had like four other Brady Bunch references for the house. I was too embarrassed to make, which was just as well, I think.

What I really liked was that he said: What Matt needs for his suits is what we are trying to do with the rest of the house, too. He meant that doors and halls would be wide, not for me but for everyone.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like to point out that Mom did not take a fall and ended up beating my 5 year old daughter in tennis...and everyone knows what second place is...

xo

ejd

Anonymous said...

first loser.
lets hear it for Mike Dii. We knew we liked him alot.
xxoo
JTg

Matt said...

Well, he did get his daughter to challenge Mom, but did you read the post? He was the one making jokes at my expense at the architect's.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Blog Archive