Friday, July 18, 2008

If only I knew the violin

The house was not burning and I was not fiddling, so I guess technically I am not like Nero. But as I threw the ball to Claren tonight while a load of urine sat on the floor of the bathroom, that is how I felt.

I did not have much choice; no one was home and I could not reach the mops and rags. That did not make it any better, though.

I was off Monday and Tuesday, but I started feeling rotten as soon as I went to work. I was not sick but having issues keeping food in my stomach for very long. I think it was stress, a schedule change and some pork.

I was also supposed to go to a memorial service tonight for someone who raised service dogs.

I canceled that this afternoon, came home and fell asleep with one shoe off.

Mom and Dad went to a friend's for dinner and just woke me to say they were leaving. Dad asked if he should put my shoe on and I said I'd get it. Then I dozed off again.

I woke up and tried to put my shoe on, but it required all sorts of gyrations and I soon had to go the bathroom badly. When I got my shoe on, I transfered to my wheelchair and headed in. I ran into a chair, which slowed me a bit, and then grabbed the bathroom door but it slipped out of my hands. I got in finally, but it was too late.

I was going in the middle of the floor and there was nothing I could do to stop it. Really. I attempted squeezing things, but then what?

Finally, I finished up and I was able to transfer to the shower, where I took off my dirty clothes and cleaned up. I cleaned up despite having maybe a centimeter of soap in the shower. I tried to call my little sister, too, but she was out.

I then had to go get some clothes. And then I went to play. Well, first I made sure I could not fit into the laundry room to get the mop and stuff.

My sister called back and I just asked her to get me something when she came home. She wouldn't, though.

She insisted on cleaning it up herself.

No comments:


Blog Archive