Saturday, November 28, 2009

A little catch-up

CLARIFICATION: My friend took exception when I wrote that she said I was overreacting by being annoyed that someone walked right into the wheelchair stall as I washed my hands. She said that she felt it was uncool but did not believe the guy deserved to die. I responded that I did think he should die (I may have said that if I had a hand grenade, I'd have tossed it in the stall. This was, of course, a lie. Do you have any idea how long it would take maintenance to repair and clean up grenade damage?) I pointed out that given my execution stance she did in fact think I overreacted. Hence, no correction. But to clarify, she does think the guy was majorly uncool, like school in summer: "No class."

When I live in my new house, I will still be tired, which is one reason I have not written for almost a week.

I have been working the afternoon shift for the past two weeks, and I go back to it on Wednesday. It is not such a bad shift, but there is no me to do other stuff when I am late. And on Friday, I worked 9:30 to 7, which was cool when I was there because there is less to do on the day after Thanksgiving and I had time to do some "bells and whistles" that I often have to do without. But I was so tired.

When we live in the new house, however, I will have a place to retire to and write. Or be anti-social, if you will. I can't wait.

So here then are some things that happened this week but I was too tired and social to write about:

I was in the work bathroom drying off my hands and this guy walked in and right into the handicapped stall. "Walked" being the important word here. He had no apparent reason other than that stall is cool. I thought this was a ridiculously bold maneuver given that a person in a chair is in the restroom, watching. I wanted to say something to Claren like "Let's leave the bathroom with a wheelchair stall occupied by a walker." Or something. That is not too juicy a putdown; in retrospect I am glad I said nothing. I told a friend about this and she said I overreacted. Probably, but I am still bugged by it.

Oh, also at the new house (being blogged about now), I will have a private bathroom. I hate my bathroom now because it is off a fairly public area. Also, there is no exhaust fan to hide any odd sounds.

And I am the king of odd sounds. One morning, I was showering and had left the bathroom door cracked to keep it from getting super steamy. When I got out, my sister, who was not there when I went in, said: Wow, your showering tires me out. She was referring to the many grunts and groans I made.

It's true. Showering tires me out, too, sometimes. Showers are supposed to be rejuvenating. I hate getting out a feeling worse than when I got in.

Bruce Springsteen answered this question in a recent interview:
"Does this feel like it might be the last run for the E Street Band?"
"No. We don't even really think of it."
Neither had I, but apparently a lot of his other fans did. I hope this shuts them up but I doubt it will.


Probably more stuff happened. I survived Thanksgiving -- it was actually nice.

No comments:


Blog Archive