Thursday, January 21, 2010

When you just can't reach

When I was little, I remember a PSA that ran on TV. My brother will probably remember exactly what it was for, but a I remember is the tag line: "When you just can't reach."

As I recall, it showed a little girl reaching for something on top of a pillar that was just a little too high. Then these tall H.R. Pufnstuf-like guys came out, reached what she needed and gave it to her.

I suppose it is all about how people sometimes need help and I totally would like to credit this PSA for teaching me that lesson, even while my brother, Robert and I mocked it mercilessly.

I was thinking of this ad when I got to work today and needed tea bags and sugar. I managed to snag a few packets of sugar. But the tea was just out of reach, no matter how hard I stretched. It's not that they were high up; it was just that my chair couldn't get close enough.

I was able to get some in the second break room I went to, but come one. Give me a freaking break. No one should have to hunt caffeine early in the morning.

3 comments:

jess said...

agreed .. caffeine should be non negotiable .. it's like air. can you get that written into your contract? must have air and caffeine within reach.

Anonymous said...

Like having only canned food and no can opener. So close...
--Ellen

Matt said...

I can usually count on my boss to keep my tea and sugar tray full, but his mom is sick so his mind is elsewhere. Hard to believe, I know.


Blog Archive