Saturday, May 29, 2010

Grass is always greener

We planted grass seed in the yard of the new house today. That means, of course, that my sister and brother-in-law planted grass seed. I slept late, went for a ride on my trike read. I also sort of watched the kids while their parents worked, so I guess I wasn't completely useless.

I told Mom I hated not helping. She said that if I wasn't watching the kids, she'd have to,so she appreciated it.

Maybe if the grass grows, I'll be able to get my chair out there easier. I'm still not sure what help I'd be, but who knows.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ummmm....hello??? You took care of our kids all afternoon. You have no idea what a load off that is for me. Thank you. You do a hell of a lot more for me and them than you know.
xoxo
ejd

Patrick said...

This gets me wondering. Have you ever tried a riding lawn mower?

I haven't ridden one since sixth or seventh grade, when my dad realized he found taking care of park baseball fields a totally relaxing antidote to work (something I don't think I'll ever arrive at, but I respect very much), but from what I remember, after you set the grass height, the speed and motion controls were all hand-operated -- a wheel and a couple levers.

I have no idea how they design them now (I almost wrote nowadays), but if they're still made the same way, it could be a good time.

Matt said...

I dream of getting on a riding mower again. There is even one in the shed because before the new house was a work in progress, it was a big field.

However ...

It is likely to remain a dream. I thought after the first read that the riding mower plan might split my family. But I figured some brother or parent or sister would support me in my quest to mow grass. Not so. Mom said no one would.

But I totally could.


Blog Archive