Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Sleeping soundly still a pipe dream

Apparently, startling 11 times an hour is hardly sleep apnea. It sounds awful, but five times is normal and 50 is serious This from my appointment today with the sleep doctor.

My breathing is not bad, which is good; my restless legs, what he called limb movement, are not so good. Even though I think the medicine is working, he wants to double it to try to allow me to sleep better. I am going to email the neurologist about that.

I am also going back to try a dental appliance to help the modest apnea. It costs a fair bit and is only occasionally insured. Ugh.

I was hoping I might fix my breathing and that would end my need for naps. Won't be that easy, but when is anything?

2 comments:

Ally @ NCSU said...

I wish there was some way to make the doctor's/insurance process easier for those who need it to be. The people that it's hard enough to get to the doctor don't need the whole billing/insurance process after that to be hard too! But I guess it just helps to get used to the fact that it's never going to be easy!

Matt said...

I could get used to it if it was just hard, but these practices seem like they should be illegal


Blog Archive