Monday, August 14, 2017

Fame's return

Today was Fame's first day back at work. She had been acting fine but had a stomach bug. Other than everyone asking where's your dog, these were the things I missed when she was away:

I showed up at my desk, and the wrist rest for my keyboard tray was on the floor. I can pick it up; it is much easier for her to pick it up and hand it to me.

She didn't pick up the other stuff I dropped either. I left it on the floor.


She wasn't there to push the button to open the bathroom door. She also wasn't around to raise my foot plate. I cannot emphasize enough how big deal that is.

She didn't get me outside at lunch. I just worked.

She didn't carry my lunchbag when I left work

Most important: She didn't keep me company.

But today, the two-year anniversary of Claren's death (and the day Fame left for college), she did all those things.

No comments:


Blog Archive