Sunday, October 29, 2017

I need a costume

When I go for walks on the bike trail, I often ask a friend if she wants to join me. She lives like a block from the trail and a block from my grade school, so close.

Yesterday after I texted, she told me that she was preparing for a Halloween party at the house of her friend who lives on my street and that I should come.

I said I'd try but was a bit dubious that it would be accessible. Her friend lives in one of the tall, narrow houses around here. My friend said it was out back, though, so I put on my Batman T-shirt and went up to see.

I probably would have turned right around shortly after arrival because I had to go on damp grass at a modest angle, but my friend was determined and pushed and braced me.

That was how I ended up spending an enjoyable few hours with a fox, a doctor, some X-Men, an astronaut, the social media cloud, some warriors, a Star Trek captain and more. Fame liked it, too, especially the little dog who had on a T-shirt that 'I am really a cat in disguise."

No comments:


Blog Archive