Friday, February 16, 2018

Heeeeeeyyyyyy

I know I am no Arthur Fonzarelli, who had the entire bathroom at Al's as his office, but I like to consider the wheelchair stall at work as mine. I am the only guy in a chair who comes in and one of the few disabled guys period.

Even if able-bodied guys use it, which they do -- NOT THAT THEY SHOULD -- I still consider it mine and take offense when things disrupt my "office."

The other day I used the toilet, transferred back to my chair and was washing my hands when the lights went out. Again.

Other than falling, dying and having my estate sue the pants off everyone, I am not sure how to convince the landlord that this is really dangerous. The last time it happened, the landlord was supposed to turn off the sensors so the light always stay on. My company's go-between with the landlord told me today that they "really" turned off the sensors this time. What?

Then, on the same day the lights went out, I was on the toilet and some joker walked in on me. I don't lock the stall because then my helpers could not reach me when I fall.

But Fonzi didn't have to lock the door to keep guys out.

WWtFD What would the Fonz do?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Fonz would tell the landlord they are going to install an effing lock and give you the only key. Xxoo

Me

Matt said...

The idea of a lock on a stall makes me laugh.


Blog Archive