Wednesday, May 1, 2024

How dare I?

 Mom was having phone problems, so she did not call to make appointments for my foot X-rays and circulatory study the other day when she first came over. She planned to do it from home, she said.

She came back a little later with news.The X-rays won't be a problem. In fact , I wouldn't even need an appointment. I just show up.

She called about the circulatory study and was getting ready to make an appointment when she asked what it would involve. At this point, I was sure they were going to say it involved sticking needles in my feet. I've already had that for a neurological test, an EEG, which the Mayo Clinic calls painless. Maybe it has changed, but it was one  of the worst tests I ever had to endure. 

But no, the problem was not needles. 

When they learned that I don't stand or transfer, they said they couldn't do it. They are a hospital testing site, but apparently they qualify as an outpatient site that does not need to fulfill ADA kind of things. 

Disabled people can be so inconvenient sometimes. Needing a medical test. What was I thinking?

No comments:


Blog Archive