Thursday, August 29, 2024

It’s always FA

 I audaciously decided recently that a recent physical problem had nothing to do with Friedreich's ataxia. My neurologist finally corrected me. 

I generally assume that everything is related to FA, but this was the problem with the soles of my feet feeling like I had been standing up for hours. It didn't make sense that it would be FA-related. 

I assumed that it was related to my standing in my wheelchair for about 30 minutes a day or maybe because my foot plate was too high or because when I cough my feet move and wind up sitting on the rim of the foot plate, which is higher. 

But mom finally persuaded me to email my neurologist. It could it could be neuropathy due to FA, he quickly wrote back. 

Serves me right for doubting you, FA.

No comments:


Blog Archive